AFM Disabler - Worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesnt work like that...if the afm valley cover is disconnected the truck will run on 4 cylinders.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What does a Black Bear tune cost? Also, would there be any concern with tuning a vehicle with 265k on it?

Thanks,
Tim

I'm going to a tune event local to me in a couple of weeks. The tune itself is $350. If you don't go to an in-person event, you have to pay another $400 refundable deposit, because they send you the tuner to upload yourself.

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to a tune event local to me in a couple of weeks. The tune itself is $350. If you don't go to an in-person event, you have to pay another $400 refundable deposit, because they send you the tuner to upload yourself.
Thanks John for the info - much appreciated.
Tim

Reaction score
My tuner deletes it until over 50mph. Works great for me. No AFM artound town but on the highway on level terrain and no head wind I still get great mpg...

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We would be happy to help with tuning. What is you vehicle engine size, and do you have the classic or NBS?
Hello Shannon,

Mine is a 2007 Tahoe 5.3L Gas No-Flex. I don't know if this matters or not but it has 266k miles on it. It still runs well and doesn't use nay oil per say if I have the Range plugged in. If I don't it will use a quart every 500-750 after the first 1,000 miles of an oil change.

The range unit has now choked so I was looking at other options.

Are there any concerns with tuning a vehicle wit this many miles?

Thanks,
Tim

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Shannon,

Mine is a 2007 Tahoe 5.3L Gas No-Flex. I don't know if this matters or not but it has 266k miles on it. It still runs well and doesn't use nay oil per say if I have the Range plugged in. If I don't it will use a quart every 500-750 after the first 1,000 miles of an oil change.

The range unit has now choked so I was looking at other options.

Are there any concerns with tuning a vehicle wit this many miles?

Thanks,
Tim
Hello Tim,

Thanks for confirming that. We can absolutely help with tuning a vehicle with that many miles. We will be able to disable the AFM within the tune. There are a few different tune options available your vehicle. We can tune the ECM and TCM based off of seeing your vehicle data with our Scan Cable tune, or we can tune it via our AutoCal and provide custom tune files via email. If you would like you can call us 877-809-4070 or email us [email protected], we would be happy to help.

Pmanrise

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yea i wouldnt go for one at 200bux, you're nearly into decent little street tune price. i thought they were like $75 which just for the ease of use is about what id expect to pay.

if anyone in south florida wants me to hit theres up let me know for $200 :lol: disabling takes about 10 minutes but i'd need to still pay for a few vin licenses before im into unlimited
Hello I am in SFLA do you do.afm delete

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
+1 for the Black Bear tune. I’ve had them tune both of my Denali’s and they do a great job, for all of the reasons @iamdub so wonderfully explained. Well worth the price to have it done right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos