AFM disabler question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dasherl1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,

We have a 2012 Yukon Denali. We just had to have a couple of lifters replaced due to them being stuck. I added an AFM disabler on the truck to keep in V8 mode and hopefully protect the engine from more problems with the lifters. My question is can the disabler cause issues with lower oil pressure? The yukon is now running on average 20psi oil pressure during idling and goes up to about 25 psi when driving around town. Maybe I should not be using the disabler if it will cause problems in other areas. Looking for suggestions. Thank you.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We have a 2012 Yukon Denali. We just had to have a couple of lifters replaced due to them being stuck. I added an AFM disabler on the truck to keep in V8 mode and hopefully protect the engine from more problems with the lifters. My question is can the disabler cause issues with lower oil pressure? The yukon is now running on average 20psi oil pressure during idling and goes up to about 25 psi when driving around town. Maybe I should not be using the disabler if it will cause problems in other areas. Looking for suggestions. Thank you.
No. You likely have an oil pressure sender screen that's getting plugged. How many miles? Mine was plugged at 90K on my 2012 XL Denali.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Are you saying that the oil pressure while driving is lower with the AFM unit attached than without it attached? If yes, what is the driving oil pressure without the AFM unit attached?

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Disabling those lifter will not affect oil pressure... Maybe when the lifters were replaced
something else happened... IDK.... The heads would have been off at that time.
Check the condition and level of your oil.. Maybe it's the wrong grade ????

It would have been 10 min job to replace the known oil pressure sending unit along with
the screen when the heads were off...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094