AFM disabler and mpg?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Caligirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I assume you meant "mph". 55-60 mph will cover a lot of distance in an hour. Coasting downhill at that speed will consume an extremely small amount of fuel, even when running on eight cylinders. If you were on that same hill, at that same speed for an hour, you'd get 99+ miles per gallon.

Lol, yes. I have Covid brain. Had it 9 months ago and switch things up all the time now, like our/are their/there- never had that issue before; it is getting better but I still miss stuff.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, yes. I have Covid brain. Had it 9 months ago and switch things up all the time now, like our/are their/there- never had that issue before; it is getting better but I still miss stuff.

Your questioning prompted me to investigate. On my way home earlier this evening, I crested the Mississippi River bridge at 65mph. I got off the throttle and coasted down the other side and watched my instant MPG. It hit 99 then began dropping a little as I lost speed. I never paid that close of attention to it before.

Dave S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been searching but couldn't find the answer....I'm probably going to be doing city (mountain) mileage for most of my driving accept for occasional road trips, so how much mpg can I expect to realistically get with the disabler installed vs AFM active on a 2007 Tahoe 4wd LMG? Will I still get 20 mpg hwy without AFM active? I expect mountain driving to be on the low end. Right now it switches back and forth between V8 and V4 every couple of minutes in my regular drive. Thanks!
I have been using the Range disabler for 5 years and my average MPG has not changed.

trailblazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the guy who recommended a Chinese Tech 2: how is this done? I own a Tech 2 and did not see any option to do this.

To the OP: I’d consider HPTuners if you want a “one stop shop” to delete the AFM service electronically and to be able to make a custom tune yourself. You’ll need wideband O2 sensors. Just as IamDub says, you’re unique driving conditions won’t realistically net you any remarkable increases in mpg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep