AFM Delete with Range module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Shadow17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shameless plug.
I'm selling my less than month old module in the classifieds section. It is directly from Range and is the latest version with blue lights.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shameless plug.
I'm selling my less than month old module in the classifieds section. It is directly from Range and is the latest version with blue lights.

I'm curious as to why you are selling it?

OP
OP
D

DSTJ99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else is having battery drain but I’ve had a dead battery twice in the past six months. Both times the car has sat for 3 or 4 days. Dealer replaced the battery’s under warranty but I now unplug the range device when it’s sitting for more than a weekend. We have a wrangler as a third car and our Yukon periodically sits for a few days in the summer. Might buy a switch the port too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else is having battery drain but I’ve had a dead battery twice in the past six months. Both times the car has sat for 3 or 4 days. Dealer replaced the battery’s under warranty but I now unplug the range device when it’s sitting for more than a weekend. We have a wrangler as a third car and our Yukon periodically sits for a few days in the summer. Might buy a switch the port too.

Do you have the latest version? Supposedly there was a "fix" for any battery drain. If you bought from Range they will upgrade for free. Until I sold my Yukon Denali, I had the Range plugged in 24/7 never had any battery issues. I was running V8.6R1.

OP
OP
D

DSTJ99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure but I’ll check with range on the version. Good suggestion!

sfc_jones

Reaction score
Just remember that disabling the DOD is a good thing but you still have the failure portion still in the motor ie: dod lifters

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just remember that disabling the DOD is a good thing but you still have the failure portion still in the motor ie: dod lifters

What?!?
So it doesn't matter? It doesn't help prevent those problems by disabling AFM?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep