AFM delete / Tuner for 2011 Yukon Denali 6.2 Question - posted in correct forum now.. disregard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnniev57

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First I want to say sorry, I am seeing a ton of posts (newer years) and a ton of stuff when I search the innerweb on turning off the AFM and for tuning on my SUV

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I think I would be OK with just turning off the AFM, but if it's $200 for just that and for $265 I can get a tuner then I would prefer the tuner for the octane I run, tire monitor, performance tuning, trans tuning, rev limiter, top speed adjust, etc....

I guess yeah, I normally run 87 octane so tuning it/adjusting it for that would be nice to have too.

I thought I seen the "range" for $200 and only does the AFM delete.

Hypertech 3300 does all of these??
Performance tuning
Transmission tuning
Top speed adjustment
Rev limiter adjustment
Speedometer correction
Fuel management
Tire pressure monitoring system
Return back to factory settings
Diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs)
Internet updatable

for $264. (on carid.com)

Does that sound right?
(or do I need the 3000 or 3050 for $476)
carid.com shows exact same for all 3 kinds......

Please point me in the right direction - not looking for the cheapest, but hoping if I went with a tuner it would be $400 or under...

Thank you for any help!!!!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First I want to say sorry, I am seeing a ton of posts (newer years) and a ton of stuff when I search the innerweb on turning off the AFM and for tuning on my SUV

I think I would be OK with just turning off the AFM, but if it's $200 for just that and for $265 I can get a tuner then I would prefer the tuner for the octane I run, tire monitor, performance tuning, trans tuning, rev limiter, top speed adjust, etc....

I guess yeah, I normally run 87 octane so tuning it/adjusting it for that would be nice to have too.

Performance tuning
Transmission tuning
Top speed adjustment
Rev limiter adjustment
Speedometer correction
Fuel management
Internet updatable

for $264. (on carid.com)

Does that sound right?

Please point me in the right direction - not looking for the cheapest, but hoping if I went with a tuner it would be $400 or under...

Tech-2 and a BlackBear Tune.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was interested in a black bear tune for my 2011 Denali but I think it was something like over 600 for it

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was interested in a black bear tune for my 2011 Denali but I think it was something like over 600 for it

It is well worth it. Part of that cost is for the AutoCal. The best part of the tuning for me is in how the transmission performs now. Night and day difference and of course for the better!

Joeltz

Reaction score

Performance tuning
Transmission tuning
Top speed adjustment
Rev limiter adjustment
Speedometer correction
Fuel management
Internet updatable

for $264. (on carid.com)

Does that sound right?

I got used 2015, with stiking # 7 the Range Disabled V-8 V-4 just fine but lifter stuck Only used for 100 miles I got it Dec 2020

will sell with priority for $145

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC