AFM Delete Double Checking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys what are these parts included in my exhaust manifold gasket set?
View attachment 374602

For AIR injection and/or EGR. For the older models. Also, I agree with @Geotrash on using MLS gaskets. You already have those, so run 'em. If they leak, they're easy enough to replace, especially if you use ARP bolts and anti-seize that betters your chances of removing the bolts.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked late most nights this week and just catching up. You already got your answers, though!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been rewatching a lot of videos on the AFM delete, mainly focusing on the end of the project and the first start of the motor.

It seems that my OCD is getting the best of me, from what I see these projects in general are pretty forgiving and I don't need to be as strict or white glove as I thought. I just need to tell myself that the quality of the work I am doing is good and I am educating myself well enough to finish the job. I see videos of people skipping steps or not torqueing properly and in the end their motor starts and runs just fine even though they didn't do a bunch of prep in priming the motor.

Agreed! As I said, I'm a bit extra on some of the things that really don't require such detail. My extravagant priming and pre-ignition dance, for example. There's just a few points that aren't so forgiving, such as cover alignment.

OP
OP
Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats, man!! How does it drive?
@Geotrash Thanks you. It drives nice, oil pressure shows a little lower than it used to but also using a different oil pump and pressure switch so not sure. Engine runs quiet enough.

The AC compressor made a loudish noise when I turned on today so I’ll keep an eye out for that, wonder if the harmonic balancer isn’t aligned with the AC belt or what would cause the sound

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elteclas

Latest posts