Aeroskin Hood Protector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roggss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just to warn everybody here.

if you happen to have Aeroskin Hood Protector by Lund or plan to have this in your car stop it or take it off right now.

Mine just, rip off on the highway speed with 95+ temperature after 6 months. And guess what, it flapped to my hood and gives significant dents.

The worst thing is Lund is not standing behind their product.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had problems with their In channel side window Deflectors on previous vehicles. Switched to Weather Tech and no problems since about 2014. Installed on about five vehicles and excellent results.

A fairly major problem with W/T is shipping. They don’t offer FREE Shipping no matter what the order amount is. Might be a corporate discount between W/T and FedEx. The side of that policy that makes the pill not as bitter is they do deliver on Sundays. They offer In Store but that is for Chicago are local resident.

The other and hopefully this will be corrected soon is….I have had a 2020 JGC and now the 21 Tahoe. Hood bug deflector N/A and now 2021 Rahoe. The in channel side window deflectors same story…N/A. Sierra/Silverado…Yes but S/T/Y…Nothing.

I see the in channel deflectors are available at Dealers but again made by Lund.

Will research some more and thanks for the info about Lund. Fortunately if I do get them it will only be the windows and they are a pretty common fixed item. Just me and the Dog so the drivers window is the high use item.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hood protectors used to be popular but look kinda goofy anymore. I had them 10-15 years ago but no longer. If you are concerned, use clear protective film on the hood....Too nice of a vehicle to ruin its lines....

OP
OP
R

roggss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, I should have waited for Weathertech or might go with protective film this time.

I have scheduled a dent repair tomorrow, I hope this will be having a good result.

Have anyone tried a dent repair?

Last edited:

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not on this vehicle but have had it done on others…PDF if you get the right tools and technician work great and no creases or chipping of the paint.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hood protectors used to be popular but look kinda goofy anymore. I had them 10-15 years ago but no longer. If you are concerned, use clear protective film on the hood....Too nice of a vehicle to ruin its lines....
Maybe. I kinda think mine improves the looks, but I have changed it up more than once...

Attachments

• 20210709_030559.jpg
    20210709_030559.jpg
    661.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 20200501_192551.jpg
    20200501_192551.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 28

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons