Advice on selling take-off brakes/rotors 22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also upgraded to the GM performance brakes. Contemplating on selling my oem rotors, brakes pads, etc but a piece of me wants to hang on to them. I had so much issues with dealership installing these things from dragging brakes, to a much heavier feeling ride quality, much lower mpg and even much firmer steering. I figured if I have anymore issues with these gm brembos I'll just return back to stock. Have you noticed any change in ride quality at all?

jmzvet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Larger rotors, calipers, pads etc add significant unsprung weight which affects ride and handling. I’m not sure any real “performance” is added?

OP
OP
brucemac

brucemac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Larger rotors, calipers, pads etc add significant unsprung weight which affects ride and handling. I’m not sure any real “performance” is added?

I can assure you that braking performance is improved. Performance related to ride and handling? I have no data to support my next statement, but I have not witnessed any negatives or downside.

Tahoered

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seen someone in my area selling their oem brake, caliper, dust shields, etc.etc. for $500 on FB Marketplace. I think they stated it only had about 1000 miles before upgrading to the Brembo kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts