Advice on door speakers + subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

liftednali

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2012 Yukon SLE w/ bose w/o navigation, my head unit is an alpine ilx-w650, I am looking to get some advice on some new sound components i want to put in. My stock bose amp in my is blown and causing the rear door speakers to crackle and have static. I am interested in replacing my front and rear door speakers and I also want to put in a Sound Solutions GCON 12 in the back.

I think ill leave the front tweeters stock or disconnect them.

The sub is a 950W RMS sub at 1 ohm and that is how I want to power it, before I achieved this using a monoblock amp but my door speakers at that time were factory.

So my question is, what is the best way to accomplish my system in terms of amplifier? I am thinking one 4 channel amplifier for the door speakers and the monoblock for just the sub. Don't think there is a 5 channel amp that can power it all in one at that wattage and not break the bank.

Recommendations on door speakers/amplifier? I am not looking for anything crazy here, but quality and 60-100W RMS price between 65-80.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to the Crutchfield web site, and look at the speakers that will fit your truck model and year. They have speakers and amplifiers at all price points.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My old Tahoe had a pair of Amps and all Alpine door speakers. Mine was fairly mild in regards to power and cost. I had a pair of Sony Amps (600/750) for doors and sub-I also had a crossover between the headunit and the amps. My fronts were Alpine separates (6.5"/1") but could not tell you the model but worked great. I did 6.5" 2 ways in the rears and we sufficient to provide enough sound and at a high enough level of volume to piss of my neighbors when coming home late at night! :upyours:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts