Advice-2012 Yukon Denali Front Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

Pointer 21

Reaction score
I have yet to make a move on my suspension components. My question is what I should do if I decide to upgrade/lift/level? With everything being TOAST under the vehicle this would be the time to do it-correct?

I was looking into this lift attached? Would this work with Z55 and what would the pros/cons be? I’m not trying to make this a complete toy but I do go off road (nothing crazy just hunting and ranch roads).

Looking forward to y’all’s input!

Thanks
Replying on my own post here- I called an off road shop and they said you CANT LIFT an AWD. I'm sure it can be done but I'm not wanting to bypass anything and I'd like to have a comfortable ride.

Anything I should consider before moving forward? I'd like to level it but if that comes at a cost, well that's another story.

Seems like Suspension Max would be who could best advise?

Reaction score
I'm considering doing this soon too. What I'm hoping you all can do is help out with part numbers. I'm obviously keeping the Autoride Z55 (none of that bypassing mess).

Should I be going AC Delco OEM? Or is Arnott ok as well for the OEM factory-type ride? They have complete shock sets that are for Z95 which I read are interchangeable for the Z55 suspension systems.

Here is the front:

And this is the rear:
I didn't know you can run magnetic struts (Z95) on a Z55 system?

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They show not avail.

I tried looking up Z55 struts on Rock auto w/ 22 wheels and No joy....

EDIT- Looking at my RPO part # i need is 580434 on AC Delco. strut only no spring...

has Z55 and 22 in wheels

Last edited:

AmunRoo

Reaction score
I have a question... My Denali has the Z55 RPO code. can i run the AC Delco 19324406 Strut assembly without any issues or codes? Also, does anyone know the part number for the rear shocks? or are there other aftermarket brands that would increase performance handling?

TIA!

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to add to this older thread as opposed to starting my own since my needs overlap.

I have the same vehicle as OP, does the aluminum lower control arm come loaded with the ball joint or only seperate? No big deal but I wanted to change the LCA bushings as well, along with the mounting bolts, looking for OE.

I have 127K miles and want to refresh the front suspension before my next alignment...OE Z55 struts, hub and bearings already done.