Adjusting Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok new headlights are on now..So now my question is,does anyone know how to adjust them?? I was looking at the manual but they say to take it to the shop,forget all that..Any help would be appreciated:hmm::think::think:

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i havent messed with mine yet but there should be some sort of screw that either moves in or out to position the headlight angle up or down you mite have to mess with it a bit to get it where you like it, but ill look at mine tomorrow and let you know for sure

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Each headlight has two screws, either a Phillips head or a T15 hex, IIRC. One for up and down, other for side to side. They are hard to miss.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
Careful, On older trucks these adjusters tend to break VERY easily.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
hahaha here you go man, right out of the GM mechanics book if you dont have the headlight aimers

1 - park your truck 25 feet back from a wall ( has to be exactly 90 degrees)
2 - measure from the center of the headlight (the little O in the center of the low beam lense)
3 - take that measurement to the wall and mark 4 inches lower then the hight of the headlight.
4 - measure from the center of your truck to the same O on the lense and transfer that line on to the wall also.
5 - adjust the hot spot of the light to the cross section and your done

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
I broke the crap out of mine, and they're new. The adjustment screws are accessed from the top. There's a hole in the top of the grill where you can get a phillip's or torx wrench down into. The bolt turns a worm gear that pushes the bottom of the light in or out, and that's what breaks. It's a little 4-pronged plastic failure of engineering on GM's part. Oh well.

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im going to have to be carefull messing with my new headlight setup then

OP
OP
Chevyrider619

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was checking the screws on the headlights,i'll do them tonight...They have adjustment but for a stock tahoe not lifted so i have my headlights pointing down to low..

preshus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which screw is for up down and left to right

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

which screw is for up down and left to right

google won't tell me that one

NOVAhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the one for up and down is the inner most screw, closest to the hood latch, the one next to the fender is for left and right....obviously haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts