1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adjustable rear control arms.

Discussion in 'Lifted Supension - Z71 & 4x4' started by 87carl, Mar 16, 2021.

1. 87carl

87carl Full Access Member

Name:
    Carl
    Wow wonder why they broke so bad

mang213 likes this.
  2. mang213

mang213 Member

Name:
    Chris
    I'm willing to blame myself this time, even though I used synthetic grease (not silicone like they recommended)after the factory supplied silicone grease washed out within a few weeks of use. But I also think this may be a case of Spohn not designing the bushings to fit the brackets on the truck frame properly. Virtually little to no clearance between the brackets for the bushings to fit without rubbing. Possibly overtorqued the bolts to pinch the bushings in between the bracket too. Not sure, but I don't want to blame Spohn just yet

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

3. exp500

exp500 Full Access Member

Name:
    j
    I see a couple possibilities in the Why dept. 1- Bushings too soft. 2- Misalignment/preload. Notice 2 of 4 bushings split, Same side/direction of force? 3- non compatible lubricant.
    Good luck, keep posting updates.

4. denalianyone

denalianyone NYBlackLade08

Name:
    Ray
    Shit..glad I seen this pic b4 pulling the plug on those pricey rear arms. I just wanted to purchase them to move my rear wheels back after dropping the suspension in the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk