Adding some punch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can I add a sub box for some kick to my factory setup? Thanks!

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want a line level converter. It taps in to a speaker line and converts it down to an input the amp is compatible with. Some amps have it built in.

I would suggest the alpine or kicker all in one 8" sub units. They aren't mega wattage but they will add a little spice to your audio.

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You want a line level converter. It taps in to a speaker line and converts it down to an input the amp is compatible with. Some amps have it built in.

I would suggest the alpine or kicker all in one 8" sub units. They aren't mega wattage but they will add a little spice to your audio.

Where would you tap into at? DO they sell a complete unit I can just stick in and go?

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You tap into it at a speaker line. Then it outputs to an amp. Some amps have it built in and you would get some taps and run speaker wire from a speaker to the amp and attach it to the speaker inputs. It will convert it on board the amp.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

I couldn't think what it was called.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu