Adding some HP and getting rid of DOD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank ya! Tips are 2" ID inlet and dual 2" ID outlet. The outlets are double-walled with a 2.75" OD. Of course, I cut into the oval part to make a much larger inlet for the Tahoe. Didn't wanna choke it down.

The seats were within 1/2" in all dimensions of the stock S10 seat. I don't know how they'd compare to a Tahoe/Yukon/Burb, but I think they'd be a pretty close enough fit. They were kinda goofy with the way the backs adjusted- you turned a knob for the recline. I'd rather the old school lever or power adjuster.

Nice job, they look great.

That's crazy, they really look good, almost like they were made for it. I'm going to look around for a pair, see what I can find.
I agree, the lever action is a lot more convenient. My wife's Charger has that knob, its not very functional.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job, they look great.

That's crazy, they really look good, almost like they were made for it. I'm going to look around for a pair, see what I can find.
I agree, the lever action is a lot more convenient. My wife's Charger has that knob, its not very functional.

That's what everyone says! Even the plastic trim on the side of the G8 seat's base fit perfectly over the S10's slider cover trim. I say keeping everything GM ensured the close color match.

I don't know who thought the knob was a great idea for the recline adjust.

OP
OP
sfc_jones

sfc_jones

Reaction score
Did you go with all OE brake components or aftermarket? Did you just replace the flexible brake lines?

What's your son doing with that G8? Planning on taking a trip to Summernats to compete in the burnout competition :). Sounds insane.

I'm gonna go with Tony on this one and say grab it from your son. You know the history of it. Its only hot when you put your foot into it :) plus it will be a whole different beast in your Tahoe being such a tank.

I'd like to see his G8
I don't like buying reman stuff so I went to the dealer and bought everything.
My son is using his G8 to drag race and he just bought a high rise and he will be adding Nitrous to it. He wants to get 1000 HP at the wheels. He will be forced to build a roll bar when he hits 700 HP. He is so close to it right now.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My son is using his G8 to drag race and he just bought a high rise and he will be adding Nitrous to it. He wants to get 1000 HP at the wheels. He will be forced to build a roll bar when he hits 700 HP. He is so close to it right now.

Horsepower and not ET is a requirement for a roll bar? My, things have changed.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm with you, not a fan of reman either.
Your sons G8 sounds like a fun car. Any pics of it?

OP
OP
sfc_jones

sfc_jones

Reaction score
Horsepower and not ET is a requirement for a roll bar? My, things have changed.
I asked him the same thing, If he makes X amount of HP Y=High ET Times Z= Roll Bar. I think this is at the track he runs at in Killeen, TX. But you are right ET is the determining factor in roll bar requirements according to NHRA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos