Adding Power Running Boards to Non-Factory Equipped Model

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
baggedlvintegra

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NICE!!!!!!
Any update on your retrofit?
How about news on the production of the prototype module?
I've have my boards bolted on for months trying to get them operational. No luck with the Factory Module, even with the schematics at hand.
Thanks for the renewed sense of hope!
I'm ready when you are!!!

No news really, they continue to work absolutely flawlessly. I'm not sure the company making the modules is ready to mass produce but I know I can talk to the lead engineer and get another set made.

There is NO WAY you could ever get it to work with the factory module because it is driven by the vehicle computer which is not and cannot be programmed to send the signal to the factory module if it didn't come that way from the factory

The wiring is somewhat intensive but more than worth it and now that I have lived it I could do it much quicker / easier and could walk somebody through it briefly on the phone but not sure I have the time right now to write the book it would take for a DIY How To thread

Last edited:

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around how much did this whole setup cost? I have thought about just buying new and having th dealer Install them as it would be about the same price as the amp ones. I know for sure my local dealer is able to do it as I have a customer that had it done on his LT Tahoe.

OP
OP
baggedlvintegra

baggedlvintegra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's interesting, I wonder if they are completely replacing the vehicle computer because that is the only way they could get the signal to the power step control module....the price all depends on if you can find a used take off set complete with steps and motors.

And unless you have a dealer hookup there is no way new steps with GM retrofitting them is the same price as amp. The chrome strip on mine got messed up in shipping and the dealer wants $485 for just one side running board. That doesn't include brackets motors etc. amp can be had for $900 shipped complete kit on eBay all day long. Just a matter if you want oem look or not

Last edited:

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I am not sure, next time I see them I will ask if they know what the dealer ship did. Last time when I aske him what they ran he said about $1500 for the all black steps, not the chrome strip ones. I thought amps were about that same price but I guess not, seems like they have went down since I last checked. I would like to do this mod but it is t high on my priority list. If I did it it would def. be the factory steps. I like the way they are visible to help with the body lines. Your escalade is sweet!!!!!!!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
.......... I like the way they are visible to help with the body lines. Your escalade is sweet!!!!!!!
That is what I like about them the best. I wish I could find a pic of the amp steps folded up. If they are still visible from the side to add on to the body, I would want them too.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One might be able to adjust the brackets to make them visible from the side or I was also thinking you could do some side skirts and the amp steps? I think some one on here has side skirts and they look pretty good. But after all that expense the OE steps are a better route IMO. But like I said for me that is the LAST priority. I do wish my ride was as Badass as BAGGEDLVINTEGRAS! But my wife is like What are you spending money on now? And I'm like its there college tuition saving account they don't need that for atleast 17 more years!!!! Hahahaha! J/k!

cmblack13

Built Motor Coming! :)
Reaction score
Josh shoot me a text. Have a question as I have been talking with my wife's dad on adding these to his 2013 SIlverado he just bought. wanted to pick your brain? Cost etc when it was all said and done.

214-282-2711

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amp steps are too short on a Suburban.:mad:

Neo....... I don't think these would add to the lines of the vehicle.

AMP-Research-PowerStep-04-large.jpg

B1.jpg

C1.jpg

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Damn, I need to find a pic of these on a Tahoe.
I saw a pics of them on the Silverado/Sierra and they show from the side enough to almost look like skirts. The SUVs may be a different thing though because I have noticed how much they show from the side depends on the vehicle it is going on.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I for one HATE static running boards. I just did not not all the bells and whistles of a LTZ just to get the power boards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr

Latest posts