Adding Heated Steering Wheel - Need VIN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes is there a plug underneath the dash? Cause if so where is at? I thought it would plug and play. I thought the wheel you got didn't have the harness?

OP
OP
N

noobsquared

Reaction score
No. If your Tahoe didn’t come with heated wheel, you won’t have that plug coming out of BCM. You need to find your own power. I gave it power from the module underneath the dash. Pic is attached a few posts ago

5StarG3neral

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright so I finally got my clockspring and steering wheel in. Everything buttoned up as it should be with the exception of the power and ground for the heated steering piece but I'm now getting a service air bag DTC.

B0012:0E and B0013:0E.

Driver frontal deployment loop resistance low and driver frontal deployment loop (stage 2) resistance low.

Any suggestions?

Point to note I've got a 2013 Yukon XL and these parts came out of an 07 Yukon Denali if that makes a difference. Noticed the airbag connectors are different but I also installed the airbag out of the 07 since my 13 airbag didn't connect

Last edited:

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured it out for anyone looking for a solution. Apparently my dumb a forgot to press the white clip at the back of the connectors behind airbag. So if you don't press them in, you will get error codes. Took the airbag out, and pressed those white locks in and everything works now except for heated steering wheel button. Off to work on providing power to it then. Not sure why I changed the harness when I have to supply it power from somewhere else :(
Hey noob been a while but I just did this on my 11 yukon everything works. I'm just having a little trouble with a airbag code b00012 and 13 do you remember what yours was?

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey noob been a while but I just did this on my 11 yukon everything works. I'm just having a little trouble with a airbag code b00012 and 13 do you remember what yours was?
Nevermind I figured it out. I forgot to reinstall the little plastic clip on the pink connector. Then forgot to push in the other one

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you connect the wire to the coil at the steering wheel? I've had zero luck finding that green plug
Clip the green connector off, brown wire goes to 12 volts, black ground. If you have a Yukon you should have the heated steering wheel plug port down in the upfitter box.

Attachments

• 20220918_135734.jpg
    20220918_135734.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 12

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clip the green connector off, brown wire goes to 12 volts, black ground. If you have a Yukon you should have the heated steering wheel plug port down in the upfitter box.
Thank you. I have an 08 avalanche so I'm not sure if I have that plug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons