Adding Garage Door opener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why GM decided to make the button hot all the time is a mystery. It’s as if the engineers never thought about security. I was worried about a thief getting access to my garage overnight, so I plug my garage door opener into a smart outlet that turns off overnight.

great idea. Mine sits outside all the time.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can clear out the presets. Don't forget to clear out the navigation unit too.
I never put “Home” as a location in my GPS. I never actually put my address into the GPS. Have heard some stories of folks getting their vehicle stolen from a sporting event or concert and then the person takes the vehicle to “Home” on the navigation map since they know the people are likely not home and then break into the house as well.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never put “Home” as a location in my GPS. I never actually put my address into the GPS. Have heard some stories of folks getting their vehicle stolen from a sporting event or concert and then the person takes the vehicle to “Home” on the navigation map since they know the people are likely not home and then break into the house as well.

Mine is loaded but rarely do I valet the truck anymore. The K2s have a valet mode that conceals such I think and ours was supposed to have it. There's reference to it in the Tech-2 but never read anything about it.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can manage my garage opener from my app on my iPhone. If, and If they take my ride, the opener will stop working with post haste.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, you can clear out the presets. Don't forget to clear out the navigation unit too.

I think he's saying he can wipe all of the associated remotes from the garage door opener unit (usually just a push of a button on the unit). Then none of the remotes work, and he'd have to re-associate all of the ones that are under his control.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he's saying he can wipe all of the associated remotes from the garage door opener unit (usually just a push of a button on the unit). Then none of the remotes work, and he'd have to re-associate all of the ones that are under his control.

Ohh!!! I've been "reading comprehension" challenged lately! :confused:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My youngest son and his wife recently moved into a townhome, and we purged and reset all of the GDO remotes. That one-button purge is a nice feature. We also changed the locks on the house and the garage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons