Adding front reciever on LS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Mr Sophistication

Mr Sophistication

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of HF for certain items but not sure I would trust one of their made in China hooks.......

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to add a front reciever so I can put a rod holder in front of my grill. Do you guys have any recommendations on a good bang for your buck product? Ideally, I want one that does not require drilling.

To anyone that installed one, did you leave your air dam on or off?

What about rod holders?

Would love to see some pics if anyone has done this.

Thank for your response.
I'm just trying to figure out how you can troll with your truck...

OP
OP
Mr Sophistication

Mr Sophistication

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm just trying to figure out how you can troll with your truck...

One could get a kite rod with clips, add split shots to one side of the kite to bank out to the side. Then rig up a second rod with braid and either skip ballyhoo on the surface or pull something else.

russellbailey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took a standard front receiver and had a welder cut off the part where the drawbar mounts and flip it to above the cross tube. It ends directly behind the front license plate, and I use a receiver-mounted license plate when not using the front receiver to carry something.

Works great and is simple for a welder to flip the tube to above the cross tube.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mr Sophistication

Mr Sophistication

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took a standard front receiver and had a welder cut off the part where the drawbar mounts and flip it to above the cross tube. It ends directly behind the front license plate, and I use a receiver-mounted license plate when not using the front receiver to carry something.

Works great and is simple for a welder to flip the tube to above the cross tube.

You have any pics?

Neill Campbell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to add a front reciever so I can put a rod holder in front of my grill. Do you guys have any recommendations on a good bang for your buck product? Ideally, I want one that does not require drilling.

What about rod holders?

Thank for your response.

What about rod holders?

Thank for your response.

I put a hitch on the front of my LT and it started scraping on everything. Speed bumps driveways parking blocks. So I put a 2" leveling block on the front. So it is level and no longer scrapes. BUT when I tow my travel trailer it now rides much lower in the back. So now I want to put bags on the back.

So my experience has been a do it yourself receiver job turned into a PITA and a lot more money. All this just so I could easily put a bike rack on the front while towing my travel trailer.

OP
OP
Mr Sophistication

Mr Sophistication

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I put a hitch on the front of my LT and it started scraping on everything. Speed bumps driveways parking blocks. So I put a 2" leveling block on the front. So it is level and no longer scrapes. BUT when I tow my travel trailer it now rides much lower in the back. So now I want to put bags on the back.

So my experience has been a do it yourself receiver job turned into a PITA and a lot more money. All this just so I could easily put a bike rack on the front while towing my travel trailer.

Which hitch did you get?

I'm thinking of possibly installing it but removing it when I'm not using it. Put some nuts on the bolts to keep them in place.

My Tahoe has the max trailering package. I believe it has air leveling suspension in the rear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh