Adding Factory Style Auxiliary Trans Cooler Lines - Tru Cool 40K Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wildmanaaron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installing a Tru Cool 40K cooler to my 2013 Yukon that did not have an OEM cooler. Id like to do a cleaner install using factory style transmission lines from the same year range vehicle that had a factory auxiliary cooler. Ive seen several posts on other forums that on models that had a factory auxiliary cooler, they just cut one of the lines on the passenger side and then rotate it to go into the Tru Cool cooler.

I have two the quick disconnect fittings on my Tru Cool cooler already.

Has anyone swapped their non factory equipped auxiliary cooler lines over to the lines WITH an auxiliary cooler? Did they just re-route back like the originals up until around the core support?

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Watching to learn more about this as I expect to install a cooler myself.

I also wonder has anyone just bought the OEM cooler and lines and installed the factory parts after the fact? I’m a believer in OEM engineering myself, when possible.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just to clarify your truck has a cooler, it is in the radiator (primary), although it may not have a factory aux cooler (secondary). so when guys cut the line and add one, it is in addition to the stock cooler.

what your looking for is to add your own secondary instead of the factory optional. you just want to use oem aux cooling lines to feed it so it looks a little nicer.

whichever way you do it I would recommend putting your cooler as on the return side ( so it will cool off some in the radiator then cooled off further by your cooler before going back to the trans, if not your cooling it off with your cooler then sending it to the radiator to potentially warm up further (depending on how cool your cooler got the fluid). so you could be making less use of the potential cooling available) .

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Does anyone have anymore info on this? My Tahoe diddnt have the aux cooler either I’ve looked at this tru cool 40k sitting on the shelf for over a year now and have yet to install can I cut and T the lines and same with the return lines? Would it be better to convert to AN fitting and better lines?

Stage2Tahoe

Reaction score
Installing a Tru Cool 40K cooler to my 2013 Yukon that did not have an OEM cooler. Id like to do a cleaner install using factory style transmission lines from the same year range vehicle that had a factory auxiliary cooler. Ive seen several posts on other forums that on models that had a factory auxiliary cooler, they just cut one of the lines on the passenger side and then rotate it to go into the Tru Cool cooler.

I have two the quick disconnect fittings on my Tru Cool cooler already.

Has anyone swapped their non factory equipped auxiliary cooler lines over to the lines WITH an auxiliary cooler? Did they just re-route back like the originals up until around the core support?

Stage2Tahoe

Reaction score
I have already added the factory auxiliary cooler to my silverado and have everything to do the same to my Tahoe when I do my engine/trans upgrade. My truck has new hardlines and the cooler. I got the lines and cooler for the Tahoe at pull a part and flushed them. Your core support should have revisions to install a factory style cooler.

Last edited:

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to use factory type lines, then install a factory AUX Cooler..
That's the best advice I can give.
If you want or need an oem cooler you can message me. I removed mine
at low mileage to put in a HD fan cooled aux cooler due to my HP and towing needs

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
So I’m finally getting the cooler installed but never figured out the deal with the trans lines going to the radiator? Can anyone help?!

Trey Hardy

Reaction score
Can I go buy new lines for a model that had the factory trans cooler then run them to the new cooler? Vs cutting the lines going to the radiator and adding a T to route them to the new cooler?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum