Adding Apple CarPlay to 2015 Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mickeyk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have done the upgrade on my 15 as well as video in motion with smart phone interface. Everything works as advertised.
Tricky have you had ny issues with connecting to the carplay? I added the same items you did to my 2015 Yukon, In the morning on the way to work I can connect to CarPlay but if I try to connect again during the day it doesn't connect.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tricky have you had ny issues with connecting to the carplay? I added the same items you did to my 2015 Yukon, In the morning on the way to work I can connect to CarPlay but if I try to connect again during the day it doesn't connect.

I did the carplay/ andriod auto upgrade on my Denali 2015 from MVI. No complaints.

My wife has an Apple phone and was having connecting issues. It would connect fine and later it wouldn't connect. Still had the charging light bolt on.
Replaced the cable and haven't had any issues since then.

mickeyk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which cord is she using now? I have tried 4 different cords, 2 being those that came with iphone and Iam still having the issue.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which cord is she using now? I have tried 4 different cords, 2 being those that came with iphone and Iam still having the issue.

The cord that came with the Iphone 6 was damaged at the usb side. Replaced it with a flat/tangle free cable from Monoprice.

mickeyk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh man. So just did the install. A couple notes:

Spend extra time looking for screws that hold the panels in, the instructions leave a couple out.

Make sure to test the apple cables that you have. The first one that I had been using in my car didn't work with the CarPlay, so I grabbed another from the house and it worked fine. They were both Apple factory wires...

Install takes about an hour, first time.

There is a "camera" icon on the home screen which doesn't do anything. I wish it operated the rear camera.

Fifty, I have tried 13 different cables and I can still only connect in the morning on my way to work and the no more connecting until the next day. Do you have any other suggestions!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You put the new USB thingy in the center console?

I know my lightening plug on my 6+ is getting worn out and only charges if I plug it in one way (chord can't be upside down if that makes sense)

Is there an apple repair place around you, not the Apple Store but a private one that can test your cords or the lightening plug on the phone?

Just a thought..

mickeyk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You put the new USB thingy in the center console?

I know my lightening plug on my 6+ is getting worn out and only charges if I plug it in one way (chord can't be upside down if that makes sense)

Is there an apple repair place around you, not the Apple Store but a private one that can test your cords or the lightening plug on the phone?

Just a thought..

I can take it back to store that installed the system to see of they can help. When last talked with Anthony from mvi he was having the same issue so I will check back with him too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk