Adding an aftermarket radio to 07-14 FAQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bamajake95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys. I have the 2010 LT Tahoe and do not have the back up camera but i do have the parking assist. Upon shopping for a camera and options, I have moved to replacing the receiver with one that has camera options and apple car play, DVD, etc. This put me at Best Buy talking it over with a young guy that had most likely installed nothing but a steering wheel in a Lego car. The pc he used pulled up this list of things i would need to ensure all factory options would continue to work. RPS-GM31- PAC radiopro5 Radio interface, 40-CR10 Metra-Chrysler vehicle antenna adapter cable, AX-USB-Minib - Access USB adapter harness 2010 later vehicles, BBBPC - Metra Licence plate back up camera, AVH-2330NEX- Pioneer android autoapple carplay bluetooth in dash cd/dvd player receiver.

His words were, "It should work". So my concerns are..Will my parking assist and rear passenger stereo controls still work?
I have installed many stereos in my time but only had to worry about the antenna and rca jacks. This one may be outside of my field. The other thing is every time i have installed an aftermarket receiver, the FM stereo never sounds as good as the factory(cd and mp3 is great). Will this be the case in replacing the unit also?
Check into the idatalink maestro harness they are the best thing in my opinion and you can program what you want to keep and discard in the programming from the flash. However I'm 98% certain it will retain those features with all the needed accessories. Use idatalink maestros direct website.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Tahoe with Bose, nav system, backup camera and rear seat entertainment. I'm upgrading the head unit to a Pioneer with bluetooth and Apple Carplay and I'm trying to figure out what exactly I need to buy in addition to the head unit itself. So far I think I've got it down to:

-Wiring harness
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00B4PJ...colid=69XR9W83HEHP&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

-Parking brake bypass (not sure if this is necessary)
https://smile.amazon.com/MicroBypas...23Y4Y7QVW7N&psc=1&refRID=1MBDCC7AE23Y4Y7QVW7N

-Backup camera retention harness
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00FY61...colid=69XR9W83HEHP&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

-Rear seat entertainment integration harness
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00E3E1...colid=69XR9W83HEHP&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Is there anything I'm missing? And is the GM dash kit necessary if I already have the stock touchscreen unit?

From what I can tell, the wiring harness will retain all of the Onstar functionality and chimes from turn signals and whatnot, correct?

Bamajake95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes still have to have a dash kit even if you have a factory nav screen. Best thing to do is check metraonline.com for all your parts then search for them on amazon, or Ebay.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes still have to have a dash kit even if you have a factory nav screen. Best thing to do is check metraonline.com for all your parts then search for them on amazon, or Ebay.

I'm on Metra's website and it shows everything that will fit a 2011 Tahoe but I don't really see a list of what I actually need based on my Tahoe's setup.

But like you said, I looked up everything I think I need on the Metra website and found them on Amazon. I posted the links above

Bamajake95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm on Metra's website and it shows everything that will fit a 2011 Tahoe but I don't really see a list of what I actually need based on my Tahoe's setup.

But like you said, I looked up everything I think I need on the Metra website and found them on Amazon. I posted the links above
Get the 95-3305 dash kit, ax-gmlan29-SWC (provided you want to keep starting wheel controls) and call it done that harness will do everything you need and comes with the anteanna adapter.

Bamajake95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Also depending on what pioneer unit you have you may or may not need the video bypass. But the Metra ax-trig1 will work perfectly for what you need.

I bought my parts from Ebay from radioman621 they usually have good prices. Check them out as well. May save you a few bucks.

Last edited:

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the 95-3305 dash kit, ax-gmlan29-SWC (provided you want to keep starting wheel controls) and call it done that harness will do everything you need and comes with the anteanna adapter.

Awesome, so I don't need anything extra for the rear seat dvd entertainment and backup camera to work?

Bamajake95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome, so I don't need anything extra for the rear seat dvd entertainment and backup camera to work?
No sir, that piece will retain both. But check out what all it does and make sure that covers everything you need for your application.

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No sir, that piece will retain both. But check out what all it does and make sure that covers everything you need for your application.

giphy.gif

tun75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2014 Tahoe, I am installing a Pioneer AVIX 5201 NEX, I have the idatalink Maestro and the harnesses. I have an adapter to plug into the harness and RCA to plug into the head. I can not find the vehicle harness for the camera (currently displayed on the rear view) or for the rear audio center. any idea where I can find these? I have search this thread and only saw where you need to splice in on a 2009. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14