Adding an aftermarket radio to 07-14 FAQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Draganjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Good afternoon. My first time here.

I have a 2009 Yukon SLT-2 with Bose, On-Star, XM, rear radio. I want to only upgrade the Headunit. How do I keep the factory Bose, rear radio and On-Star stuff? I looked there the above info but could not find where is talked about Bose.

Thank you

David Ragan

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon. My first time here.

I have a 2009 Yukon SLT-2 with Bose, On-Star, XM, rear radio. I want to only upgrade the Headunit. How do I keep the factory Bose, rear radio and On-Star stuff? I looked there the above info but could not find where is talked about Bose.

Thank you

David Ragan

OS-5 - OnStar® Radio Replacement Interface for Select 29-bit LAN General Motors Vehicles with or without Bose Sound System. Retains OnStar® system functionality and the Bose factory-installed amplifier (if present) when the factory radio is replaced in a 29-bit GMLAN vehicle. Generates all safety warning chimes and audible turn signal indicators.

Draganjr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR /
GM5+

Thank you

David

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to replace my OEM radio with something that has a screen. I don't have NAV and I don't have a backup camera. I would just would like it to look better than this.

This thread is good, but I am still not sure how to get to a replacement. Obviously I need a new head unit and probably a harness.

Do I need to find a used head unit out of another NNBS in for sale forum? Do I need to purchase a head unit that is compatible with GM? Not sure where to start.

IMG_3824.JPG

Last edited:

Drunkinmayhem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is there a one stop shop kit? I have an 07 Tahoe LT. I have Nav, Bose, rear DVD entertainment no phone on the steering wheel and it has a back up cam. I have the Sony XAV-AX100 CarPlay head unit

OP
OP
yates ™

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to replace my OEM radio with something that has a screen. I don't have NAV and I don't have a backup camera. I would just would like it to look better than this.

This thread is good, but I am still not sure how to get to a replacement. Obviously I need a new head unit and probably a harness.

Do I need to find a used head unit out of another NNBS in for sale forum? Do I need to purchase a head unit that is compatible with GM? Not sure where to start.

View attachment 178555
Any brand preference? Basically pick out a double din TV you line with the options you want. Get a mounting kit when you order it. I would get that maestro wiring harness as, I believe, it is plug and play.

boydcustom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you. On order.
I just installed these in 2013 Yukon XL. Bose. No Nav.

Works fine. I installed Pioneer 1300NEX.

PROS:
Super easy.
Works
The OBI stuff it kinda neat

CONS:

I did have to use the supplied microphone from Pioneer. The factory mic does not integrate.
I had to use the Metra supplied speaker for the chimes/blinker sound.
Hard to fit all the wires in Dash
There doesn't seem to be a way to connect the backup camera to the Pioneer screen, but it does show the park assist zones

Overall:
I'm happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN