Adding amp and subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeFan85

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Chevy Tahoe z71 with the Bose system, I have an aftermarket radio, but I want to add an aftermarket subwoofer and amplifier. Will I still get sound from my Bose speakers or how do I go about installing the subs and amplifier?

Bigmac18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, You have to add a line output converter to the existing speaker connections.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Bose speakers typically have a lower impedance (1.2 ohm to 3.2 ohm) than typical aftermarket speakers (4.0 ohms), and some aftermarket head units with built-in amplifiers may be overly stressed to maintain current flow to the Bose lower impedance speakers. If you use an aftermarket external amplifier, they will typically be able to power the Bose speakers without issue.

You can probably add an aftermarket head unit to an existing Bose external amplifier, but you will have to deal with Bose connectors, which are not standard. You may be able to purchase a connector conversion patch cord to match up an aftermarket head unit with a Bose external amplifier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PeskarS