Added sub/ANC making a lot of noise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turbotoys

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah well, that's warm compared to a few days ago. It was like -40 with the wind chill and they canceled schools even.

I will try to post some schematics up in the next week or two - I've been super busy lately and I will have to find the correct ones . I have around 800+ pages to comb through to find the related prints.

Shane123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This has been a very interesting thread for me since I am trying to learn more about my 2016 Suburban LTZ. I took some photos of the AMP area of my vehicle and I have a 2nd wire in the connector for the "without ANC" picture shown earlier. I am wondering if anyone has the electrical diagrams for the 2016 that can help me what the additional wire that I have in the connector is doing?

It looks like to me that have the "without ANC" system. BUT, I have a wire in the connection location for the "Noise Reduction Microphone #1 Signal"... I am not clear on what this is doing?

P.S. I am new to the discussion board. If this is wrong location or if I am not following protocol, please get me pointed in the correct direction...

Bose AMP conector 2.JPG

Bose AMP conector 1.JPG

Eric Fox

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Working for me so far...nice find! Thanks a ton. I returned an amp, re-ran power, remote, changed out RCA pre-out...ugh.
I don't like the Bose Autopilot so I always have that turned off, so glad to find this!

Jorgegmc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem with the feedback. but I am a little concern about cutting the ANC since I read on other pages that the system helps the engine to be more efficient therefore if you cut the purple wire to cancel the ANC, will you void the warranty? will that affect the engine efficiency? will that damage the engine? It may sounds like it don't have any effect other that creating a signal to void the engine noise but does anyone knows if there is any other function that may be affected? I just don't want to end up with a $70,000.00 broken out-of-warranty truck!

Thank you.

ctide21

Reaction score
I thought I would add to the thread. GM accessories now has a sub kit from Kicker and it is bose compatible. The instructions include a dealer service notice that the active noise cancellation can be disabled by the dealer via a calibration change. So if you don't want to cut any wires maybe the dealer route is an option.

john kim

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just added a JL powered sub woofer box to the 2015 suburban. No noise canceling feedback and I can still use the bluetooth microphone for talking:)!

Gerardo Lopez

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I've figured it out... took to the back on a troubleshooting adventure in an effort to disable the ANC. I unplugged the first connector (pictured below) to see what/if any impacts it would have. It apparently controls seat vibration/Rear camera functions/door chime notification/and YES, the ANC (And maybe a few other features???). So I started by connecting/disconnecting the wires one by one & driving w/ the bass knob cranked all the way up. I then proceeded to cut the Purple/Blue wire and VOILA--No noise. I reconnected it, drove and the noise reappeared.

So, I'm guessing this is the fix... Looking forward to others either validating these findings, or suggesting another fix.

View attachment 161196

View attachment 161197

View attachment 161198

Hey bro... I’m just wondering did you lose functionality of your Bluetooth microphone after clipping the wire? And also which wire colors were tapped for the LOC?

C3stacks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where is the location of this harness on 2012 Yukon Denali? I need to kill the ANC!!!!asap

SPEEDRACER16801

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I've figured it out... took to the back on a troubleshooting adventure in an effort to disable the ANC. I unplugged the first connector (pictured below) to see what/if any impacts it would have. It apparently controls seat vibration/Rear camera functions/door chime notification/and YES, the ANC (And maybe a few other features???). So I started by connecting/disconnecting the wires one by one & driving w/ the bass knob cranked all the way up. I then proceeded to cut the Purple/Blue wire and VOILA--No noise. I reconnected it, drove and the noise reappeared.

So, I'm guessing this is the fix... Looking forward to others either validating these findings, or suggesting another fix.

View attachment 161196

View attachment 161197

View attachment 161198
Where is this located?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9