Added Homelink to my 2017 Tahoe LS with mods.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kappasig298

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've always had homelink on my previous vehicles, but the 2017 Tahoe LS I just purchased did not have it.

Ebay to the rescue, new OEM console from a 2015-2017 Tahoe/Suburban in gray 84187049

This was cheaper than buying the harness and Homelink transmitter and buttons together.

Then due to my LS not having a power lift gate. (the tahoe options with Homelink have the selector for the lift gate height)

I replaced the cover plate with one from a Silverado.

Silverado trim plate, gray, homelink and dome switch, no power slider or sunroof. 23104432

For security reasons, since I sometimes park outside, I want the garage door to not work without the key being in the on position. This required changing the power source for the Homelink.

I also wanted to remove the extra wires, I unwrapped the harness to follow the Homelink power wire. It went to pin #17 which is battery positive voltage. I removed the extra wires from the harness for the lift gate switch. Using a needle, I removed the 2 pins from the electrical connector, and cut the 2 splices.

I used one of the extra pins that were removed to now power the Homelink with pin #23 as it was unused. After changing this wire, I wrapped the harness with the factory style cloth tape and reinstalled it to the new overhead console. It looks factory as expected.

View attachment 205606

Thank you for the great write up. Just got mine installed.