Added an iPad mini to my dash...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I know I'm late but awesome build. I was looking for a thread on those component installs. Very clean setup here.

DAR00GAR00

Reaction score
Nathan, first of all you did an awesome job on this install. I did one in my 04 Avalanche but I was able to mount the radio under it and move my ac controls to the overhead console.

I just bought a different car (02 deville), and I'm going to glass one into the dash of this one too. I'm going to have to put my radio in the glove box and do a faceplate extension exactly like you did. I'm wanting to go with the sony gs-620bt (also to answer the post about songpal or app remote-songpal is a newer version of app remote that works with the newer units). Anyway, how the hell did you extend the faceplate like that???? You bought some kind of plugs or did you have to solder all those wires? I need help man! Lol

DAR00GAR00

Reaction score
You said you're using the Remote App, do you know anything about the SongPal App. Does one app control more or less than the other? Or did they just rename the app for the newer stereos?

I'm looking at getting a head unit soon and not really sure if I should get one that uses the the SongPal app or Remote app.

Look up both apps on YouTube. I'm in your same boat... I think I'm gonna go with the newer version radio and run song pal. It seems to have a lot more control and a better looking interface from what I can see. The older app remote seems to bE forgotten about by Sony.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
NathanJax

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nathan, first of all you did an awesome job on this install.

Thanks

Anyway, how the hell did you extend the faceplate like that???? You bought some kind of plugs or did you have to solder all those wires? I need help man! Lol

soldered wires from one end to the other. Being very careful during install...

Pompello

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you planing to sell and identical item, because im looking for something similar for my 2007 Chevy Tahoe

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just saw this thread...

I just wanted to say that I did the same thing to a detachable face CD player way back in the day.

I used telephone line to attach them together and mounted the face plate in my drivers sun visor and the main unit in the dash. The only thing visible in the dash was the slot for the CD.

That was along time ago before Ipads and even before cell phones were common place. Maybe kinda hokey by today's standards but back them it was pretty slick to flip down the visor and adjust the stereo.

Sorry to hijack your thread... nice work as usual.

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little different take with a full size ipad pro. Sorry for the ****** picture. The tint doesn't allow much light to hit the dashdash.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout