Adaptive Cruise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLMBT

Reaction score
If the vehicle is equipped to add adaptive cruise, how much would it cost, generally speaking, to add it? Also, has anyone had issues with adaptive cruise, I have heard of some ride sensitivity issues when it comes to GMC adaptive cruise. Any thoughts on adaptive cruise?

GMCnewbee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have it on my 2022 Yukon, but I did experience adaptive cruise control with the 2021 Grand Cherokee L that I owned for a short time. (Traded it for the Yukon) In certain conditions, like two lane roads, it is OK but I did not like it on multi-lane highways. Constant slowing then speeding up when other drivers change lanes in front of you and when vehicles merge. I found it too abrupt and prefer to manually slow, accelerate, etc.

I don't like the lane keep assist either. If I move toward the center line to give room for a bicycle or stopped vehicle the lane keep assist pulls me back toward them. I do not like that and I keep that feature turned off.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
like mentioned above some people do not like it. Typically adding that of kind feature is really not possible without a LOT of work involving changing wire harness's and modules and programming so much that it may be more advantageous to sell what you have and buy another one with the feature already.

jimgeb

Reaction score
Adaptive cruise has worked OK for me depending on the destiny of the traffic. It's no good in high density traffic or lots of stop and go of course, but still useful even if its just to rest your foot off the gas in limited stretches. Its great on long stretches of road with little traffic. Lane assist can easily be overridden in cases where you have to cross the centerline to go around something or somebody. Like any technology use with caution, and keep your hands on the wheel and foot ready for braking.

aboss3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I love adaptive cruise control on my ‘22 Yukon Denali. Just did a 5k trip and it was a life saver. I haven’t experienced any of the issues above and could trust it more than myself when I was getting tired. It applied timely breaking and acceleration. Only thing is it does accelerate quickly which might hurt your mpg on long trips.

Coronado126

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm playing around and doing research on adding it to my 22 RST but I've been too busy with work and life lately to do more research. I commented the basic steps on how to do it on the other ACC thread and I haven't made much progress from that point. Only place I got was verifying what front fascia harness my RST has equipped to it.

OP
OP
JLMBT

JLMBT

Reaction score
I do not have it on my 2022 Yukon, but I did experience adaptive cruise control with the 2021 Grand Cherokee L that I owned for a short time. (Traded it for the Yukon) In certain conditions, like two lane roads, it is OK but I did not like it on multi-lane highways. Constant slowing then speeding up when other drivers change lanes in front of you and when vehicles merge. I found it too abrupt and prefer to manually slow, accelerate, etc.

I don't like the lane keep assist either. If I move toward the center line to give room for a bicycle or stopped vehicle the lane keep assist pulls me back toward them. I do not like that and I keep that feature turned off.
after doing much research, I have come to the conclusion that actually adaptive cruise can train the driver to rely on it, which in any case would cause future accidents. There is no better decision maker than the human driver. It's just another way vehicle manufacturers providing safe driving...in my research, safe driving is only determined by the human driver and not a computer.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after doing much research, I have come to the conclusion that actually adaptive cruise can train the driver to rely on it, which in any case would cause future accidents. There is no better decision maker than the human driver. It's just another way vehicle manufacturers providing safe driving...in my research, safe driving is only determined by the human driver and not a computer.
It's not cost effective to add it. Let alone the ramifications if it malfunctioned and it was something the owner added. Adaptive cruise is an aide not a substitute for driving. Ive always enjoyed it and would not pay this much for a vehicle without it. Some people don't like it. To each their own. Planes fly themselves. Hopefully cars get there at some point. In the meantime things like super cruise and adaptive can bridge the gap and cause less fatigue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout