Adaptive cruise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vannmccullar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We have a 2021 Yukon SLT. Why does the car have a gap adjust button that actually shows the gap changing from the 3 different zones, but no Adaptive Cruise Control? Does that make any sense? So the gap adjust does what exactly?
I wonder if you can add adaptive cruise.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It seems like the hardware is there. Why couldn't adaptive cruise be added?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

I'm guessing that even though you have the front camera and front sensors, I'd be willing to bet there is more hardware in one or more of the Body Control Modules needed to complete the system, not to mention some major software changes that would be needed.

GM would never make it that simple to do an upgrade!! :) I upgraded my 2014 Corvette to get Apple Car Play in the infotainment system and I had to get a new Radio Receiver, HMI Module and a different USB port in the center console to make it all work, not to mention program the Radio Receiver and HMI Module to match the VIN. That cost me $850 and I did all the install labor.

LeonTexas

Reaction score
That would’ve been a great feature for my LT trim. Really useful for those long trips. Something that i really wanted and kinda upset and disappointed GM cheap out on. Knowing how car manufacturers do business, adaptive cruise would most likely be standard in all Tahoe’s in about 3-4 years. Car manufacturers usually fully equip all vehicles towards the beginning of a new design. So they could sell the older models. Notice how the 2014-2015 LT models didn’t have the digital dash display, but by 2019-2020 it was standard across all models except LS(base).

robgreg75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't get it on the z71 either and I really want it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons