Acts like it wants to run but doesn't.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
N

NO4NSHIT

Reaction score
You can put anything you want in there. More work. Stay with what you have. Code list in glove compartment and emissions sticker under hood some help. I hope someone else chimes in with details.
From what I understand so far is that I can put a 5.3l no matter the year as long as I use my intake and Injectors and so on. Is that true? And is it possible to use a 4.8l? I've just never seen a flex fuel 4.8l

OP
OP
N

NO4NSHIT

Reaction score
I see that a lifter is chewed a little but i wasnt expecting the motor to be torn down lol.I still dont think you have your problem fixed unless it was a intake gasket leak and when you install the new gasket its sealed properly.Their is no way to tell if those valves are leaking your compression test was good.If you would of took the core out of the compression line and injected air in the cylinder when you brought each one to tdc and heard air coming in.From either throttle body- oil breather- or exhaust pipe then i would of comdenmed them.My god you have a ton of work to do now and i hope you dont have the same codes when its all back together-that would ****.I think your lean condition would of been from fuel pump or major intake leak with fuel trims that high not valves.Hope im wrong good luck i give you an A for effort.
So can you explain to me why if the firing order is 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3 and at TDC it should be cylinder 1 & 8 with Valves open but in my case I Only have valves open on cylinders 1 & 5 Now I'm not no machinist but there's something wrong here I never got the timing chain cover off cuz I don't have the right puller but I would think something ain't right about this.... You tell me

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
None of that makes any sense to me. Why should only 1 and 8 have a valve open? Shouldn’t 1 be closed, unless you’re 360 off… As I recall, if you’re tightening rockers on about any engine, you can tighten half at tdc, then rotate 360 and do the rest. So half the valves have pressure on them, even if they’re not open a very meaningful amount, I’d think you’d detect leakage on more than 2 cylinders

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
So can you explain to me why if the firing order is 1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3 and at TDC it should be cylinder 1 & 8 with Valves open but in my case I Only have valves open on cylinders 1 & 5 Now I'm not no machinist but there's something wrong here I never got the timing chain cover off cuz I don't have the right puller but I would think something ain't right about this.... You tell me
I have no clue what your looking for here are you not replacing the motor-why are you taking the timing cover off now to see if the timing chain jumped.What are your intentions to fixing your initial problem that we were all trying to help you find out.Your compression test numbers were good if i remember.I feel your frustartion just dont no what your doing now-your all over the board.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts