Actron CP9690 Scan Tool- Yes or No?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
homesick

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know, still learning how to use it! Not bad, just take your time and go slow, do all the tests in the beginning with the loop back connector and such which the paper manual will cover. If yours comes with the Candi module, you won't need that for your truck so you can leave it off. The menus look different between models and even years within a model.

Thank you.

joe

OP
OP
homesick

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don’t mind, post back on what you think of it when it comes in.

One of these is on my to-do list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I'll be glad to, but don't expect too much too soon. I seem to take longer and longer to do things. If it gets that bad, you won't offend me by reminding me.

joe

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I understood his post to mean that this tool worked WITH the Tech-2, and extended the Tech-2's coverage.

UrbanSuburban, Is this correct?

joe
No, it actually ‘simulates’ all the tech2 functions on a laptop, from what i read it works well but you need a laptop in the vehicle whereas the trch 2 is a semi handheld unit. I started looking about a month ago and came across it but stopped reading because.........’oh look squirrel ‘.....

OP
OP
homesick

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it actually ‘simulates’ all the tech2 functions on a laptop, from what i read it works well but you need a laptop in the vehicle whereas the trch 2 is a semi handheld unit. I started looking about a month ago and came across it but stopped reading because.........’oh look squirrel ‘.....

Darned squirrels.

joe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC