According problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Waters

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2004 GMC Yukon that began blowing hot air while the air conditioner was on either from the driver side or passenger side and rear.. alternating between all of those but mostly just blowing hot air from the passenger side.. the mechanics put a new blend door actuator on the driver side and a new control head module in the dash... it didn't help and the new control head sometimes would not even come on... so last week they put a new control head in thinking the other one was bad although it was new.. new control head has work gray all week until yesterday then it begin blowing hot air again and today it will not even come on just like the other one... I will be taking it back to the garage this week but I know they are at a loss as to what the cause is.. does anyone have any advice?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
based on what you have described it sounds like the 2nd control unit has also failed, you know what they say 3rd times a charm, maybe try a different brand? dorman makes a control head, and rock auto usually has decent prices for new oem ones.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 GMC Yukon that began blowing hot air while the air conditioner was on either from the driver side or passenger side and rear.. alternating between all of those but mostly just blowing hot air from the passenger side.. the mechanics put a new blend door actuator on the driver side and a new control head module in the dash... it didn't help and the new control head sometimes would not even come on... so last week they put a new control head in thinking the other one was bad although it was new.. new control head has work gray all week until yesterday then it begin blowing hot air again and today it will not even come on just like the other one... I will be taking it back to the garage this week but I know they are at a loss as to what the cause is.. does anyone have any advice?

James, without a bi-directional scan tool like the Tech2, fixing them is by throwing parts at them. With your own Tech2 you would know in 2 minutes what the problem is and how to fix it. While Dorman does make some good parts and I have no idea on the quality of their AC parts, I'd suggest sticking with OEM/ACDELCO.

Having said that, there will be internal trouble codes that a good scan tool can read that tell you what is broken and why it broke with regards to the actuators and or control unit. If those guys don't have one, take it to someone who does and at least have them scan it and give you the codes, active and historical.

OP
OP
J

James Waters

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
James, without a bi-directional scan tool like the Tech2, fixing them is by throwing parts at them. With your own Tech2 you would know in 2 minutes what the problem is and how to fix it. While Dorman does make some good parts and I have no idea on the quality of their AC parts, I'd suggest sticking with OEM/ACDELCO.

Having said that, there will be internal trouble codes that a good scan tool can read that tell you what is broken and why it broke with regards to the actuators and or control unit. If those guys don't have one, take it to someone who does and at least have them scan it and give you the codes, active and historical.
Thank you for that sir..i will talk with the guys about that..