Accessory ground location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m installing a few accessories and running the power over to the fuse panel on the drivers side of the dash. I keep reading “there’s a convenient grounding spot at all fuse panels”. Ok, but where? I can’t seem to find a good ground. Anyone know where a good convenient ground is in that location?

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does your rig have a large wire bundle to the console area? The nnbs models did. In that is a large ground conductor, #8 or so. You might terminate that at a ground bus and make your own. If the radio console is still in place that could already be done.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m installing a few accessories and running the power over to the fuse panel on the drivers side of the dash. I keep reading “there’s a convenient grounding spot at all fuse panels”. Ok, but where? I can’t seem to find a good ground. Anyone know where a good convenient ground is in that location?

There are some 10MM nuts on studs next to the fuse panel bolted to the body structure that work good. Also in the junction box to the left of the brake pedal under the dash has a ground tap. Check out the first to pages of this thread:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chickensandwich

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stuff. Thanks. Makes me wonder why they don’t add a nice convenient ground right next to the fuse panel with a big bolt that says GROUND HERE —->

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63