AC problem 01 Yukon XL 5.3 w/rear air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You likely would NOT need shims with a new clutch. Id be more worried about the possibility of compressor being locked up causing the clutch to slip.
I was referring to shimming the clutch that’s already on there a clapped oem part> Chinese knock off that’s not even carried at a parts store or branded.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If so I don’t think mine is any good looks like corrosion?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After a short amount of time running it like 30 seconds with time to cool it reached past 140* with no compressor actually activating to circulate hot air into the compressor and make it hit normal temps. At this point it’s either a locked compressor or badly slipping clutch to be going that hot without actively circulating the heat , another update the blower isn’t working out of the vents in the front besides side ones and feet ones. I think the switch board as suggested earlier may be messed up both blower fans are working as they should. I’m thinking it’s actuators or the switch being bad but I’m assuming I can ignore that as it won’t stop the compressor from working Atleast for now. from what I can tell the clutch is getting power. My money is on the compressor locking up which sucks, it sounds like the oem coil is in fact activating but I’ll know for sure if the compressor is shot by late Saturday.

Attachments

• F9AF3B72-04E3-4747-8129-9AFE5A6F5017.jpeg
    F9AF3B72-04E3-4747-8129-9AFE5A6F5017.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Saturday if possible I’ll double check the refrigerant levels if they’re normal combined with all the diagnostics we’ve done here/ parts it’ll be down to a new compressor/high-low pressure switches. If a new compressor is required I’ll sadly have to take it in cannot evacuate the system myself and at that point it’s already in the shop might aswell install it for a few hundred more.

OP
OP
LordWayback

LordWayback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well shit, dead compressor that belt was brand new before I tried to keep running the AC.B9BD0AAB-64B3-4FDD-A6C0-E205625CB388.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier