AC issue or normal? 2017 Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, it would be nice to see an inside temp display. I thought 72° would be enough, guess not...
make sure the button with the Snow flake is on and the reculated air

santiam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bought a preowned 2017 Yukon Denali with 36k in Nov 2018 and just now have to turn on the AC in Texas. I’m always cold in cars with temps below 72 but I have this on full AC set to LO and it just feels cool. It’s better on the auto setting and on the freeway. Still not normal feeling but on regular/city roads it just feels like air. Anyone experience this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

santiam

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since it is better on the freeway where the higher speeds put more airflow on the condenser up front of the radiator I would check to see if there is debree on the front of the condenser partially blocking it. Use a flashlight if needed. Remove debree or bow it off.

Next I would check the fan on the radiator. Is it slipping on the pulley?

If ok then I would look at the compressor and see if it is always on, or if it is always off with full cool and highest fan setting and windows open and engine running.

Or if it is going on and off. Watch the front of the compresser it will turn if it is compressing. The belt is always turning when engine on.

My 2000 Tahoe with 230k miles was not cold and my compressor was not turning.

I added a part large can of refrigerant and the compresser was going on and off then I added the whole can and the compressed started running all the time and the temp dropped from 67 to 59 with outside air at ~65 while sitting in driveway. You may not need the whole can.

Read and folllow instruction on refrig can and .......don’t overfill!

OP
OP
L

LKlineDVM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Took it to Sewell GMC and leak checked it (no leaks). They added freon and so far all is well. I guess if it happens again, a new condenser is in the plans. We have an extended warranty on it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos