AC Delco or Moog front end rebuild kit for 2013 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

dictum

Reaction score
2013 Yukon Denali XL, with 180K miles on it.

1ePXZ8x.jpg

This is the kit I got. Am I missing anything? Does the Moog stuff in the yellow box represent their HD line or is it the cheapest stuff?

Thinking about adding wheel hub and bearing assemblies to the list. Does the Moog HD line have good wheel hubs?

Do I need to add these?

Pitman arm, Idler arm and Idler arm bracket - Moog HD line
Center link / drag link
Sway bar / stabilizer Bar End Links

OP
OP
D

dictum

Reaction score
Also, how do I test rear shocks / compressor system? I have never raised the rear, or is supposed to be auto-level? When I load something heavy in it, the rear noticeably sags.
Maybe upgrade the springs to something with a heavier rating?
and shocks?

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 403618

This is the kit I got. Am I missing anything? Does the Moog stuff in the yellow box represent their HD line or is it the cheapest stuff?

Thinking about adding wheel hub and bearing assemblies to the list. Does the Moog HD line have good wheel hubs?

Do I need to add these?

Center link / drag link
See post #28 here for the various parts I'm using to rebuild my frt end.
Plus I have all the frt brake parts too.

Reaction score

View attachment 403618

Do I need to add these?

Center link / drag link
I think Moog's CK line is their top of the line parts.

I don't think your 2013 has a pitman arm or idler arm. It appears the package on the right with the white bushings in the pic are the sway bar end links

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, how do I test rear shocks / compressor system? I have never raised the rear, or is supposed to be auto-level? When I load something heavy in it, the rear noticeably sags.
Maybe upgrade the springs to something with a heavier rating?
and shocks?
You can check the airbags on the shocks visually. I got 120k and 10 years out of the originals on my 2012. Your compressor should do a self test every time you start your truck. If it’s not doing that then you may want to replace that too. Easy job. Rock auto has the best price on OEM replacement shocks, and the Dorman compressor is good.