AC Delco Brake Pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always like OEM brake pads.
I'm on rock auto, and I see 3 or 4 different AC Delco pads.

Which ones are OEM ?
Ceramic ?
They have $30 pads all the way up to $90 AC D pads.

2013 LTZ

and what is with the rear pads on these trucks? The rotor starts rusting, and then there is an area on the pad that doesn't make contact.. Every truck I ever worked on does this..

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I always like OEM brake pads.
I'm on rock auto, and I see 3 or 4 different AC Delco pads.

Which ones are OEM ?
Ceramic ?
They have $30 pads all the way up to $90 AC D pads.

2013 LTZ

and what is with the rear pads on these trucks? The rotor starts rusting, and then there is an area on the pad that doesn't make contact.. Every truck I ever worked on does this..

It'll be the ones that say OE, not professional. You are probably also seeing police package ones on there.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ceramic or premium ceramic will last longer, have less dust, quieter, stop better, I prefer to just buy the premium ceramic from autozone with lifetime warranty, it's a one time cost and done if they ever wear out you take the old ones back and get brand new ones for free, no brainer..... got tired of $200 brake jobs, never again.

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Ceramics must have improved a lot over the last 5 years. I had tried ceramics on my 99 Lesabre and found stopping power was worse. However, the rotors would have been designed for semi-metallic pads, so that might have played a role.

I imagine that if it came with ceramic pads, I'd definitely replace with ceramic pads. I don't think I'll ever change semi-metallic to ceramic again, though.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Ceramics must have improved a lot over the last 5 years. I had tried ceramics on my 99 Lesabre and found stopping power was worse. However, the rotors would have been designed for semi-metallic pads, so that might have played a role.

I imagine that if it came with ceramic pads, I'd definitely replace with ceramic pads. I don't think I'll ever change semi-metallic to ceramic again, though.
I had ceramics they would bite the rotors you can easily leave 4 tires tracks on the ground even with ABS.. with the impala I had

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could brake hard too. However, the initial bite was definitely not as pronounced as with semi-metallic. They didn't feel dangerous, I didn't feel the need to change them out. But the feel of the Raybestos ceramics I had back then was definitely not as grabby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu