AC blows warm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
First: Welcome to the forum from Oregon Dale.

Second: Great info for members here that are having or may have the same "Pattern Failure" problem.

OP
OP
Csurp

Csurp

Reaction score
Update.

Turns out there was a crack in a hose on the rear part of the system.

I picked it up today.

TY for all the input and suggestions.

captain

Reaction score
Any chance my 2018 Yukon that I bought CPO will be covered for repair? Local GMC wants to charge $500 just to look at it. I've had this car under a year and thought it came with a 12 month 12k mile warranty but am now getting the run around. Surprise surprise!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It pays to read the fine print. Have you read the warranty paperwork where I know it says, "you have to approve diagnostic time and charges and if it is found that the problem is a covered item, you may or may not be still charged that diagnostic fee".

captain

Reaction score
It pays to read the fine print. Have you read the warranty paperwork where I know it says, "you have to approve diagnostic time and charges and if it is found that the problem is a covered item, you may or may not be still charged that diagnostic fee".
No I didn't. $500 for diagnosis? That's a bit steep, isn't it?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Depends on what they are doing diagnostics on. What is there labor rate per hour? Gauge the time it takes to pinpoint problem. Make doubly sure you get COMPLETE documentation of everything and what they have found and what it will take to fix the problem. You have yet to say what your problem is that you want them to look for.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update.

Turns out there was a crack in a hose on the rear part of the system.

I picked it up today.

TY for all the input and suggestions.
Did they credit the diagnostic fee towards the repair? GM dealerships are supposed to.

Took mine in a few months ago and they could not find the leak. I found it later and fixed it ourselves and saved $600+.

Attachments

• 20210729_161033.jpg
    20210729_161033.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 9

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu