Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
Why the new compressor? Internal failure? If so you should have replaced condenser, accumulator, orifice tube, and flushed the lines and evaporator at a minimum. Compressor come with pag oil in it already? Should have. And then needs to be turned by hand to move the oil not just charged and started.

Snowbound

Jim
Reaction score
I had a clutch failure and thought I was gonna throw a compressor kit at it (comp, orifice, accumulator) until I seen metal shavings all over orifice tube while taking it apart. Must have had a compressor failure on previous owner and they just put a compressor on it.

Post #249 and 250

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I did mine proactively before i had any issues, other than an odd noise noticed when the ac was running it only had high miles.

I did a full compressor dissemble to confirm no metal and to ensure i accounted for all of the oil, otherwise i was prepared to flush the system.
If i saw metal, i probably would have replaced the condenser with it.

I also pulled the orifice and the little screen under it for the rear ac, all looked great so i did a very careful and detailed oil balance.
No guessing, be 100% sure i accounted for the oil removed, and added back any that the new compressor didn't contain.

the orifice was replaced with the updated OEM style, I never could find the pn for the rear ac screen so i just cleaned it and replaced it's little seal.

And of course, per the factory manual I added the extra oil to the compressor and not the drier/accumulator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts