AC blend door calibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Epplers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2013 tahoe PPV and I keep having to roll temp seting to hot and back down to cold to get it to max cool. I have pulled the fuse and disconnected batteries. This works for a short period of time and then back to messing with temp controls to cold air. Any suggestions?

Brandon2489

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing but only about 2 times a year. In my case the temp can not be changed or the mode to select defrost, feet etc... In my case the mode select actuator is at fault. To fix it I pull the HVAC battery fuse under the hood. So far it works when I have issues. I really need to stop being lazy and just replace it.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@swathdiver has some experience with these actuators. Do you have a quality scan/program tool like a Tech 2 to assist you and us in troubleshooting this issue?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 tahoe PPV and I keep having to roll temp seting to hot and back down to cold to get it to max cool. I have pulled the fuse and disconnected batteries. This works for a short period of time and then back to messing with temp controls to cold air. Any suggestions?

@swathdiver has some experience with these actuators. Do you have a quality scan/program tool like a Tech 2 to assist you and us in troubleshooting this issue?

Might be the controller too. They only way to know without throwing parts at it is to put a Tech-2 on it and get the internal codes. If it is the controller, and it is electronic, it would have to programmed to your vehicle. I do not know if the manual one has to be programmed or not. If it is even bad. You can change out the actuators without doing this.

Seems like they are the wrong ones and installed "backwards".

OP
OP
E

Epplers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the controller and and now it works. On a side note it also fixed my over voltage problem. Now it sits at 14 volts like it did when I bought it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop