ABS & Traction Control activated for no reason.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
id go with timken i wish i did but money was tight
and we were leaving for florida in two days so i bought the
cheaper ones. i just threw a code for my right front wheel speed
sensor abs light and tc light came on. luckily my parts place
warrantied it but lesson learned for next time

Last edited:

turbogmc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine did this same crap when i got it, i just keep pressing the traction buton because the bearings are still nice and tight. Hard to spend the money just to make a light go away.

Al Seuell Jr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2001 Yukon XL similar issue, when starting the truck the low traction & traction off lights flash once then turn off, indicating the system is on, when put in drive will not go past 10-15 mph. I press the button and it drives normal. This issue began when I replaced my throttle body sensor (gas pedal) which also prevented me from accelerating past 10-15mph... How can I get the traction control to stay off?

alwyswntd1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm a noob,3 days ago same issue both emergency brake and abs both kicked on,i owned a blazer at one time as well,the issue with the blazer where the ground straps under the driver side found rust build up,went ahead cleaned put back all was good.remembered that issue did it to my new to me 06 Tahoe when they came on i cleaned the said rust same area and all is good now,not sure if it will help anyone but its worth a shot....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MURDD0CK