ABS & Service Stabilitrak

Discussion in 'Engine & Drivetrain' started by jrobie79, Sep 16, 2019.

1. swathdiver

swathdiver Full Access Member

Name:
    James
    Yep, when my daughter ran our battery down, all the dash lights were on, it threw over 40 trouble codes and the navigation screen was so bright, like it was demon possessed! I happened to have the Tech-2 with me that night and cleared the codes and cycled the ignition a few times and we went home. The next day we took a long drive and the alternator took 3 hours to fully charge the battery while we were driving.

2. jrobie79

jrobie79 Member

Name:
    Joe
    Voltage is steady, I have an OBDII scanner that displays the running voltage, and it's around 14ish.

It's never had a problem starting or anything except that one time it sat for like 7 weeks

3. The_Burban

The_Burban Full Access Member

Name:
    Stephen
    I know what you think. I am encouraging you to try outside what you think you know.

I too had a battery that was just fine. I too had the same messages.

Good luck.

4. wjburken

wjburken Full Access Member

Name:
    Wade
    I get that your OBDII reader is reading 14V. What is the voltage across your battery? Have you measured that with a multimeter? I believe the OBDII reading measures what your alternator is putting out but your battery could have a bad cell causing a voltage drop or the alternator’s voltmeter could be off. It’s a simple thing to check.

5. Kraig

Kraig Full Access Member

Name:
    Kraig
    If your OBD scanner is not seeing any codes (you didn’t say yay or nay) take it to an auto parts store that has a scanner that can see all the modules.
    Oh, and I also vote for the battery might still be flakey and you might want to think about doing the Big3 mod.

6. jrobie79

jrobie79 Member

Name:
    Joe
    I have not checked across the terminals, I'll do that after work, and no codes come up on the reader

In regards to the big 3 I just printed out the diy from this forum and will tackle that this weekend

Kraig likes this.
  7. petethepug

petethepug Full Access Member

Name:
    Michael
    It’s a long shot, but we had the same symptoms when #7 ignition wire got unplugged. You or anybody else been pulling on any of the HT leads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrobie79 likes this.