ABS module, disable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
My abs module constantly makes noise, and sometimes sets off “ traction active” light. This is rather annoying as it happens during low speed driving, or take off. Can I disable this without issue, other than the abs not working? Will it have an issue with normal braking? I have all new brake lines waiting to go in, but that’s awhile off yet, before I can get them installed, which is when I’m going to replace the module.
Does anyone know if I can just pull a relay or fuse, without it having issue with normal braking? Thanks!

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello @Spaceman Spiff, this sounds to me like you may have a bad wheel bearing or a damaged wheel speed sensor/tone wheel. ABS issues are known on the early style ebcm but less common on the newer models like your 2005. There is a bulletin about cleaning and inspecting that you can look up by this number: 03-05-25-007D

Project Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely check that bulletin from GM out^ You may want to inspect your bearings depending on mileage too because they could be wearing out and causing this type of pulsing as well. Hope you have a quick fix on this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu