ABS issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

29tomt

Reaction score
Battery is 5 years old if original. Have it load tested to be sure, looks can be deceiving. You have a lot of different codes so you just have to find the common denominator. I would start with a voltage issue from the battery. The dash is reading alternator voltage while running so not a reliable source.. Also check all grounds..
I vote for this one. I have seen some mighty strange codes and events when battery got flaky. Got to where I just change them every 3 years or so and make sure all connections are super clean.

jmm121783

Searching for the next sunset...
Reaction score
It is definitely a ground/electrical issue. No way in hell all that stuff is going bad at once and it be as random as it is. I would check that ground the guy mentioned with the video in his post. Also since it is affecting the camera in the rear and you mentioned the trailer hitch area, the "power block" that goes into the back of the bumper and comes out where you attach your trailer hook up has been problems for previous people Ive read about. Dirt and water can get up in there and over time rust components or cause arcing of different wire connections at the trailer hookup. If you can get in there and clean it that COULD be part or all of your issue.

Good luck, electrical shit is a nightmare but usually very obvious once you "see/find" it.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure on the suv's but on the pickups with this issue one big one seems to be the G218 BCM ground, which is in the upper left hand corner just under the drivers dash speaker, apparently some of the sound deadening material is caught under the ground point and leads to problems like this.
Makes me wonder if this isn't the culprit behind the erratic behavior of some vehicles passive entry system and remote start range.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes me wonder if this isn't the culprit behind the erratic behavior of some vehicles passive entry system and remote start range.
bad ground can cause all sorts of problems, but I have not seen those particular issue's associated with this one, I have 18 silverado and it is giving me fit's electronically so I have done a bit of digging on it. that particular ground seems to cause problems with the steering, stabiltrac, instrument cluster, vehicle stalling at low speed, hvac cutting off/on. My silverado has about 1/2 of those issue's but doesn't seem to be from that ground it's something else. Mine is going to get the radio replaced hopefully today it could be the problem dealer is not sure. I have 32 communication codes, radio cuts on & off, cluster cuts on & off, hvac has cut off & on a couple times and once the brakes applied by themselves at about 30-35mph. I can't find any worn or broken wires externally, maybe when they get in there to replace the radio module they might find something in the dash. Dealer has already replaced the instrument cluster. I have cleaned the grounds and replaced the positive battery cables and the problem just keeps getting worse which is kind of a good thing because hopefully they can narrow it down now.

OP
OP
M

MT800

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guess what it’s BACK!!!!! After about a month of working like it should it came back while
The wife was driving. I’m starting to hate this big time!!!

BB23AEAD-330D-4AFC-ADFC-5A95AFC45394.jpeg B839EE33-EA02-42B3-8627-0FB85D3B02CF.jpeg 63E2B7CD-C02D-4201-BE4B-5CDE1AEAF446.jpeg DF4C6200-6A6F-45F7-B076-FF4E2A8229E0.jpeg 9096E592-33AD-4852-BB95-B003B76C1F89.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guess what it’s BACK!!!!! After about a month of working like it should it came back while
The wife was driving. I’m starting to hate this big time!!!

View attachment 266000 View attachment 266001 View attachment 266002 View attachment 266003 View attachment 266004
Take it to the dealer since all those are lit up should be easy for them to find, my bet is you either have a broken or frayed wire in the harness or bad ground
a good tech will find it within 2 hours.

OP
OP
M

MT800

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Take it to the dealer since all those are lit up should be easy for them to find, my bet is you either have a broken or frayed wire in the harness or bad ground
a good tech will find it within 2 hours.

That is my next step.... taking it back to the dealership......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep