Abs codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boondockboost

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a 05 gmc yukon xl denali. I replaced the brake lines in the truck and since doing so ive been getting the abs light and tc and stablitrac light. I used my scanner to find a c0279 code. I cant seem to figure out how to diagnose this code? It seems people just say to replace the ebcm but i dont wanna spend the money if I dont have to. Ive activated the abs brakes to try to bleed the module but didnt work. Any ideas on what i can do to diagnose this? Thank you

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try pumping up the brakes like you are bleeding them, hold. Then turn key to run, wait a few seconds, key off, key to run for a few seconds, key off. Repeat a few times. May have to bleed brakes if a bubble was in ABS.

OP
OP
B

Boondockboost

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I replaced the lines almost a year ago and have been dealing with the lights since. I re bled the brakes yesterday for the 2nd time still having issues

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you cycle key when bleeding? On key on ABS self test cycles solenoid once, if you do it holding brake pedal down an air bubble in ABS.will move. Otherwide you need a pressure bleeder and Tech2.
If this fails to fix it a Junkyard ABS module/Motor is next. Still may need Tech2 to reset.

OP
OP
B

Boondockboost

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh okay I see what your saying each wheel i bleed i need to cycle key. When I'm bleeding it do i leave the key on as I bleed ? Ive never tried this before

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re-read my posts SLOWLY and think. I'm not holding your hand.Good Luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons