About to pull the trigger, when all of a sudden....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 382536View attachment 382537Hey all, new to the forum here but excited to be here.

Background-- my Wife and I are expecting our first baby NEXT WEEK and I currently drive a 2020 Ford Transit work fan for my business and personal transport (only two front seats), and my wife has a 14" Toyota Prius C.... The baby seat only fits in the Prius with the seats ALL THE WAY FORWARD which as you can imagine for two 6' tall people, is not feasable.

I grew up loving the suburbans and Tahoes and my dad had a Burban' in the 90's.... But somehow thought it was always out of my range. Which isn't far from the truth LOL considering how pricey these are new (and used!) but with the baby on the way, and i've had a good year in business, it just makes sense to spend a little extra and get the baddest ride out there... The All Black Chevy Tahoe Midnight Edition!

I've gone and looked at 3 other Tahoes before this one, 1st was a retired cop car (gutted interior and beat up, no thanks) second was a 19' but looked like it could have been a 09 by how bad it was upkept... I swear some people lease these things and treat them like disposable mcdonalds napkins, stains all over the seats and goob on the ceiling and whatnot.... I mean i get it Live in my car but damn this is an expensive rig, at least take care of it!

The third Tahoe I looked at TODAY, it was a 19" with 56K on the clock and asking $34,500.... It was pretty clean, some scratches here and there, but not beat to death like the other one... It drove nice, felt great, but something about the smell was just a little "off"... maybe they used too much detergent when detailing the interior, but it smelt like a rental car that had been over perfumed..... it wasn't a deal breaker, but it was enough to give me pause... as well as a big gash on the front bumper, again not the end of the world, but for 35k it just felt off.... \

SO... I get home today and just for ***** and grins, expand my search area to 100 mile radius, and low and behold, I come across a beautiful, clean carfax, one owner, MIDNIGHT EDITION (love that), and it has 10k less miles, and it's only $1500 more than the one I saw today.... So I called the dealer and got a good feeling about it after asking him a bunch of questions...

Going to look at it tomorrow, do a trade in with the wifes car (about $6k +/-) and drive that bad baby home if all goes well.... still holding out a little part in my heart that's prepaired to walk away from the deal if something feels off... but with the baby one week away, and having seen/driving a few of these things, i'm freakin ready to just get this done and be riding the family around in style!

Anyways, all that is to say, I love chevy (drove a 12 chevy express for many years) and am happy to be back with the bowtie...
How do you like your transit?

I’m in an identical situation. I have an 08 express I practically have a build thread of it in here with all the headaches it’s caused me.

Bought a 2015 Yukon like 2 weeks before my first daughter. And we just delivered our 2nd like 2 weeks ago. So far the Yukon is the preferred family vehicle. My wife drives a Mercedes’ CLA and it’s just too damn small.

Also did you get a 2nd row bench seat? Or captain seats? Our Denali came with captain seats and honestly if I could trade them for bench I would. It’s super inconvenient when someone has to jump in the back with the kids and there’s no middle seat…

Anyway good luck with the baby and the new truck!

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can firmly say that after only 100 miles or driving the new rig, we are in LOVE with it! Like driving a football field down the road! Also feels good driving this big Chevy thru Detroit hometown of GM!
Same...but still miss driving "spirited" in my M5 #MittenMade Born in Grosse Pointe.

Attachments

• 300576166_10225286713327761_2738004215826309589_n.jpg
    300576166_10225286713327761_2738004215826309589_n.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 7
OP
OP
zielkejo

zielkejo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How do you like your transit?

I’m in an identical situation. I have an 08 express I practically have a build thread of it in here with all the headaches it’s caused me.

Bought a 2015 Yukon like 2 weeks before my first daughter. And we just delivered our 2nd like 2 weeks ago. So far the Yukon is the preferred family vehicle. My wife drives a Mercedes’ CLA and it’s just too damn small.

Also did you get a 2nd row bench seat? Or captain seats? Our Denali came with captain seats and honestly if I could trade them for bench I would. It’s super inconvenient when someone has to jump in the back with the kids and there’s no middle seat…

Anyway good luck with the baby and the new truck!
Man i'll be honest I love the Transit... it is a totally different ride than the 12' Chevy Express, but it just rides so nice. More of a "bus driver" position, so you're feet are underneath you and you're sitting upright rather than the reclining positon you might associate with the Yukon. It took some getting used to, and I eventually upgraded the stock Ford seats (very uncomfortable) with some Scheel-Mans and love them. I went with the medium height roof and built it out into a work/camper that I travel in quite frequently, it works well for me, except for carrying the whole family whoops!

I got the second row bench, which at first i was unsure about but for the reason you just mentioned, I think it'll turn out perfect!

Thanks on all fronts!

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Yea, every skirt she wore was a mini skirt and just couldn’t keep my eyes off her. Even got busted by some coworkers for rolling surveillance cameras on her a little too frequently.

Best in-laws a guy could ask for and a few of her siblings are 6’8 & 6’10”. Yes, one is a former pro bball player in an Aussie league. Married 27 years and I’m the luckiest guy in the world. She’s Irish Italian too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts