About to level ... leaking MRC? Please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eniam17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am about to do a 1.75” suspension max level and add 305/45r22 ridge grapplers on my 17 Yukon Denali. I don’t know much about the MRC system in terms of spotting anything wrong with it, my fronts look clean but the two rears are attached are these leaking or is this something else ? I’m at 45k miles. Vehicle is extremely clean and has been well maintained .

I want to think twice about leveling and doing tires now if I’m going to need a suspension overhaul .

thanks guys

4B37E1B7-AC15-45E7-B96A-DF30776D160E.jpeg FAF84403-66F4-4917-BE1C-DC2F0A1DD86B.jpeg

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am about to do a 1.75” suspension max level and add 305/45r22 ridge grapplers on my 17 Yukon Denali. I don’t know much about the MRC system in terms of spotting anything wrong with it, my fronts look clean but the two rears are attached are these leaking or is this something else ? I’m at 45k miles. Vehicle is extremely clean and has been well maintained .

I want to think twice about leveling and doing tires now if I’m going to need a suspension overhaul .

thanks guys

View attachment 246342 View attachment 246343
No overhaul, just rear shocks then do your level and tires

OP
OP
E

Eniam17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you - so you’re saying those are leaking or need replacing I assume?
I am trying to learn this suspension but really confused on the MRC delete or if that’s needed for non oem rears

Any advise on that?

probably only a matter of time before front go too

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you - so you’re saying those are leaking or need replacing I assume?
I am trying to learn this suspension but really confused on the MRC delete or if that’s needed for non oem rears

Any advise on that?

probably only a matter of time before front go too
Yes imo just replace them, if you mrc drlete you need resistors to trick computer so your dash doesn’t light up like a Christmas tree. Not worth it to me...If fronts aren’t leaking leave them.

OP
OP
E

Eniam17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok so stick with stock OEM rear load leveling shocks , got it.

Seems like gm parts direct is best place to buy unless anyone else has a better suggestion.

certainly was hoping to get more thank 44k out of stock shocks!

OP
OP
E

Eniam17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haha yup, you could tell from the rust in the pics I assume? Thanks for the help , really appreciate it.

Do you guys replace springs too at same time? Looks like the oem shocks about 335 each on amazon right now

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so stick with stock OEM rear load leveling shocks , got it.

Seems like gm parts direct is best place to buy unless anyone else has a better suggestion.

certainly was hoping to get more thank 44k out of stock shocks!
check rockauto, they sell both oem and arnott, the arnott brand generally has a direct replacement or a mrc delete, I would just stick with the regular replacement.
both the oem and arnott should have a lifetime warranty from rockauto

OP
OP
E

Eniam17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok thanks a lot for the help guys, I’ll check rock auto too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member