A solution to the useless rear cup holders?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ABrenckman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This could just be me thinking out loud, but I was looking at the rear cup holders the other day, and it got me thinking..

Couldn't someone 3D print out a solution where the bottom of the printed object fits down into the regular cup holder area, but gets bigger once its out of the cup holder? This seems like an easier solution to me. I would try it myself, but don't have the first clue on the design aspect of 3D printing.

Thoughts?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This could just be me thinking out loud, but I was looking at the rear cup holders the other day, and it got me thinking..

Couldn't someone 3D print out a solution where the bottom of the printed object fits down into the regular cup holder area, but gets bigger once its out of the cup holder? This seems like an easier solution to me. I would try it myself, but don't have the first clue on the design aspect of 3D printing.

Thoughts?
I know on the tahoe 07 to 14 you can install a second double cup holder ( center console model

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT