A review of my Black Bear Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am late in writing this, but here it goes. I have a 05 Tahoe with true duals and an airaid mit. I ordered one of their mail order tunes and got it quicker than expected, the install was easy, and the instructions for the security relearn were great. The tune is awesome, and it made it fun to drive, and I get slightly better gas mileage. The trans seems to read my mind and downshifts exactly when it should. My butt Dyno says it Feels like I gained 50 horsepower, haha.

But....

I am selling it because I recently found and bought an 09 Tahoe with an L9H. I LOVE the power and torque, but after driving the 05 with 50% torque reduction for the last few months, I can feel how badly GM's tune is holding back the 6.2. I think my 05 would keep with up my stock LH9 up till around 30MPH, but after that the 6.2 will definitely smoke the old Tahoe. I already have an airaid mit on the 6.2 and it sounds awesome, now I have to save for a tune for the 6.2.

Long story short, Black Bear tune is Awesome, and I can't wait to do have them tune my 6.2

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the kind words! Sorry to hear you are selling, but you will love the 6.2L even more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14