A real Service Manual.... Best choice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the guy one of the fellas on here recently purchased from and was pleased he said. Forgot who though.
Hey - I think that was me! So easily forgotten, lol. I paid $17. Mine is a 2008 Yukon Denali, so different CD, but same seller. It's very thorough. I just ordered a Chilton manual for kicks. I'm sure I'll be disappointed in comparison to the service manual.

KATfishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:idiot: Yea - yea..... OK thanks.

I actually did find that seller, just didn't realize.... I also saw this seller. ( "manuals for you ")

View attachment 218302
I'm the guy Swath is referring to and I just bought the CD from manualsforyou. I'm very happy with it for my 08 Denali. He offered to let me download it almost instantly, but I was having some problems with the email account tied to Paypal, so I opted to have him send me the CD. It is very thorough. Torque specs for everything and full of line drawings. I still have a cheap scanner though... haven't popped for a Tech 2. I need to earn my way there.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Chilton will be good for alternative photos, and use as a reference.

If anyone is considering a motorcycle manual? Go to Clymer Manuals. No other service manual compares, including the factory ones. They are done by my friend in San Diego, and he does a bike down to the nut, bolt, bearing & great clear photos. No other bike tuner / builder knows bikes like "record holder" Curt Jordan. Trust me !!

Mini Tomahawk - Jordan Engineering.JPG 20170408_143456.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey - I think that was me! So easily forgotten, lol. I paid $17. Mine is a 2008 Yukon Denali, so different CD, but same seller. It's very thorough. I just ordered a Chilton manual for kicks. I'm sure I'll be disappointed in comparison to the service manual.

Sorry Kevin, slow to remember names.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both are PDF files...... It will take a little time to figure how to scroll to what you want to read.
( These are copies - not original, but that's ok)

No pictures...... I also like pictures ( there are some 2nd grade style drawings ) Awful drawings.

Boy, did GM go CHEAP on DVD service manual design.

I think I want a service book to add to the print.

But for the price of the DVDs, they are fine.

20180330_135250.jpg

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not like the FSM from GM. Extremely hard to navigate and tremendous amount of wasted space. They repeat the same images over and over. If you really want it, you can find it online for free from others. But I am used to Toyota manuals that are very well written.

I agree it does not hurt to have many manuals, but if money is an issue, I would stick with the Chiltons or similar.