A.I.R. SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moosemoon

Reaction score
Not exactly sure where to post this; sorry if I created work for the moderator.

Was the secondary air injection system (A.I.R system) installed on 2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500 6.0l?

There is nothing in the engine bay where one would expect to see it and there is no fuse in it’s slot in the fuse box. BUT the fuse slot looks clean. So I’m curious as to whether it is supposed to be there and got removed and not reinstalled or was never there?

Thanks

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not exactly sure where to post this; sorry if I created work for the moderator.

Was the secondary air injection system (A.I.R system) installed on 2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500 6.0l?

There is nothing in the engine bay where one would expect to see it and there is no fuse in it’s slot in the fuse box. BUT the fuse slot looks clean. So I’m curious as to whether it is supposed to be there and got removed and not reinstalled or was never there?

Thanks
Look at the emmission label under the hood on the upper radiator core support. It will tell you.

OP
OP
Moosemoon

Moosemoon

Reaction score
Thank you. I do have the EFN number and what I can read of it (the guy who worked on the car used brake cleaner on everything and almost obliterated the tag) it complied with Calif. emissions which would mean it was there at some point but isn’t now. Correct?
Or did I look at the wrong thing?
thanks again

OP
OP
Moosemoon

Moosemoon

Reaction score
Thank you. I do have the EFN number and what I can read of it (the guy who worked on the car used brake cleaner on everything and almost obliterated the tag) it complied with Calif. emissions which would mean it was there at some point but isn’t now. Correct?
Or did I look at the wrong thing?
thanks again

OP
OP
Moosemoon

Moosemoon

Reaction score
It appears despite evidence to the contrary, this Yukon did not come with the secondary air system

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401